Akshaya Tritiya, considered to be an extremely auspicious day on the Vedic calendar. It is a day bereft of all inauspiciousness and any endeavors engaged in on this day will have all success.The word Akshaya means “that which never diminishes”. Whatever service or dana (gifts) offered to the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna or His devotees on this day receives manifold benefits.
1. Lord Parashurama appeared on this day.
2. Ganges scended to Earth on this day.
3. This day marks the beginning of Treta-yuga.
4. Sudama visited Krishna at Dwaraka.
5. Pandavas received Akshaya Patra from Sun God.
6. Vyasadeva started composing Mahabharata on this day.
7. Adi Sankaracharya composed Kanakadhara Stotram on this day
8. Kubera received his wealth and position as custodian of wealth and It is said that Goddess Annapoorna Devi appeared on this day.
9.The construction of the charitos for Ratha Yatra begins on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
10. In the temple of Kshira-chora Gopinatha (Remuna, Orissa) the Deities of Madana-mohana, Govinda and Gopinatha are smeared with sandalwood pulp on this auspicious day
It is a very auspicious day according to Vedic astrology as today the Sun, which is a giving Life Force to all beings, is placed on its most exalted position under the Star Ashwini where it will radiate the utmost life and hearling energy. In Sanskrit, the word ´Akshaya´ means ´the never diminishing´, hence, Akshaya Tritiya is a day which brings good luck and success. Performing charitable activities on this day will bring blessings. The Vedic Scriptures inform us that ‘Akshaya’ means ´that which does not reduce´. Therefore, anything started on this day will grow without diminishing.
It is common practice for people around the world to buy gold on this day. We request you invest in real gold in the form of taking “Srimad Bhagavatam” which is the most valuable and precious gem for the human society being handed down from 5000 years. Srimad Bhagavatam is the greatest of all Vedic lterature as it contains the essence of all the Vedas and the highest truth presented through a wonderful dialogue and narrative. Enjoy a meaningful and transparent view of the world around you. Moreover, use it to help you make more inforned choices in your life. By inviting Srimad Bhagavatam into your home, you are actually inviting Lord Krsna Himself, as He is non-different from the Bhagavatam as stated in Srimad Bhagavatam itself.